Take a Look at the Map
Did you know that Hisel in Rhineland-Palatinate is the community with the highest percentage of people over 65 in Germany? 60% of the population belongs to this age group. Only 12 kilometers away is Kaschenbach, where only a mere 3% of the population is over 65.
In this area it can easily happen that marketing activities are wasted on the wrong location. That is, unless you take a look at the map! Because with the right market data and a geomarketing analysis, the connections are immediately visible. The same that applies to the age structure also applies to the other characteristics of your customers and target groups.
If you know where customers and potentials are, you can focus your activities in the right place. Therefore, market data is often used for sales territory planning, branch network optimization and target group analysis. If your target group is in Germany, you can use market data for many such analyses. Market data, such as that for Germany, can be “broken down” at various levels, for example by municipalities, cities, districts and administrative districts within Germany.
- Recognize market penetration analysis
- Create demographic customer profiles
- Analyze and optimize branch locations
- Differentiate markets
- Control your sales
Up To Date Socio-Demographic Data in the Best Quality
Population structure (number of persons, households and buildings), age structure and purchasing power are the socio-demographic characteristics that are most frequently used in market analyses. However, the range of available key figures and characteristics is much wider. Consumer and building types, lifestyles, education, marital status and employment data, just to name a few.
“Did you know that purchasing power figures can be broken down into 60 product categories, ranging from beverages to books?” Simon Lühr, Senior Consultant WIGeoGIS
German Market Data at the Right Spatial Level
Depending on the data product, demographic data is available in different spatial units. You can choose from raster cells, which are ideal for small-scale analyses such as location analyses (up to 100x100 m) and whose boundaries never change, which is advantageous for some analyses, as well as units at the ZIP code and community level. They are suitable for most regional analyses and provide better results when you want to gain an overview. “That is also a cost factor,”explains Simon Lühr, Senior Consultant at WIGeoGIS. “After all, you do not want to shoot sparrows with cannons.” Tell us your requirements and we will ensure you get the best price possible.
Regional Market Data in Units with Around 300 Households
GEOmarkets for Germany. The small-scale units with around 300 households per unit follow the geography: streets, rivers, railways, etc., as well as ZIP Code and municipal boundaries.
Regional Market Data in grid cells of 100x100 m to 10x10 km
AZ Germany-Raster. Fixed geographical grid cells. INSPIRE compliant, also available for the entire DACH region for cross-border analysis. Over 100 characteristics.
Save Costs with Good Advice
“It is important for us as a customer that the service provider offers quality consultation without focusing on their own economic interests. From a customer viewpoint, WIGeoGIS provides good honest consultation. For example, WIGeoGIS made a different data source accessible that helps ease the budget for the ANWR GROUP,” explains Hans-Peter Richter, ANWR GROUP
4 Reasons to Get Your Market Data from WIGeoGIS
- Best price performance ratio: There are as many license models as there are market data providers. Depending on your requirements, the same quality of data may be less expensive from one or the other provider. This can result in a price difference of 50 percent or more. We will find the best deal for you!
- Independent: We are like a well-stocked specialty store. We have an overview of the market, access to a worldwide universe of market data providers and can select the best product for your needs. We are independent and committed to making decisions in the best interest of our customers.
- 25 years of experience, always in touch with the times: Through our more than 25 years of experience in countless customer projects, we know the data provided by our partners down to the last detail. We know about the methodological differences and spatial units. We are constantly updating our portfolio and exploring the market for new, innovative data products.
- Everything from a single source: If you need more than one data product, we are your single source for all your data needs. We will take care of all the licensing and save you the administrative overhead.
Can I actually link different demographic characteristics in my analyses?
Of course, this is the alpha and omega of market data analysis and provides very accurate answers. For example, a question might be: Show me all people under 35 (age structure), who live in one- or two-family houses (building size) and have an above-average purchasing power. The results are displayed on a map showing you at a glance the regions in which you can best reach your target group.