GISconnector for exchanging data between ArcGIS and Excel
DE: +49 89 321998 0
AT: +43 1 7151987 0
Send us your question, comments or feedback
GISconnector for Excel – the software for exchanging data between ArcGIS and Excel
GISconnector for Excel is the only software to offer seamless and dynamic exchange of data and functions between ArcGIS Desktop and Microsoft Excel.
GISconnector for Excel has been on the market since June 2014. GI Geolabs is the only company offering this unique software which enables seamless and dynamic exchange of data and functions between ArcGIS Desktop and Microsoft Excel.
Interaction between Excel and ArcGIS is usually unavoidable in geomarketing problems. However, until recently, the exchange of data and functions between these two programs was complicated and tedious. The GISconnector for Excel from the company GI Geolabs resolves this problem. The software consists of an add-in for ArcGIS Desktop and a second add-in for Microsoft Excel.
These add-ins communicate with each other. The GISconnector not only makes it possible to transfer data bidirectionally between ArcGIS and Excel. Both programs can also exchange selections and filters with each other. This means that functions available in Excel can also be applied to data in ArcGIS and vice versa. "The GISconnector for Excel revolutionises the way companies deal with problems using ArcGIS and Excel. It is a quantum leap in terms of time savings, error minimisation and comfort", said Matthias Abele, Managing Director at GI Geolabs GmbH.
All GISconnector functions in overview
The GISconnector for Excel represents the shortest link between ArcGIS and Excel. A summary of the main functionalities is shown here.
Connect ArcGIS and Excel data with each other:
- Set up a connection by exporting ArcGIS data to Excel, or
- Connect your ArcGIS data with existing Excel data
Bidirectional connection between feature classes and Excel tables with data synchronisation:
- Synchronisation of data changes between Excel tables and ArcGIS attribute tables without editing sessions
- Saving data connections with settings, therefore precise selection of columns to be transferred from ArcGIS to Excel or from Excel to ArcGIS
- Transfer of columns that have been renamed or newly created
Creation of new features with ArcGIS and input of applicable attribute data with Excel:
- Immediate transfer of features newly created in ArcGIS to Excel and input of attribute data there
- Formulae in Excel columns are retained even when new features are transferred from ArcGIS
Transfer of selections and definition queries to Excel:
- Transfer of objects selected in an ArcGIS layer to Excel as selection
- Transfer of objects selected in an ArcGIS layer to Excel as filter
- Transfer of ArcGIS layer definition queries to Excel as filter
Transfer of selections and definition queries to ArcGIS:
- Transfer of data selected in Excel to ArcGIS as selection
- Transfer of data selected in Excel to ArcGIS as definition query
- Transfer of Excel table filters to ArcGIS as definition query
- Transfer of Excel table filters to ArcGIS as selection
Simply contact us!
Please send me more information or contact me.